Efficiency and Recovery for Gold Plants
The challenges faced by typical gold plants include declining head grades, challenging ore types, poor process control and instrumentation, and therefore are often deriving low margins. Process IQ can assist in recovery and efficiency of a gold plant by improving the following:
- Optimising Leach Kinetics: CN/DO ratio, pH, agitation/mixing, carbon adsorption – reduced soluble gold losses and residence time
- Optimising Process Control: control of CN concentration to setpoint, reject disturbances, improve carbon movement, improve detox: reduce WAD CN in tails and improve operation of leach feed & tails thickeners (density, reagent & flocculent control)
- Reduced carbon attrition
- Reduced cyanide consumption
- Reduced DO losses
The Cynoprobe is an online cyanide analyser that offers the functionality to measure both ‘free’ and weak acid dissociable (WAD) cyanide concentration of up to three streams or sampling points.
The C² Meter online Carbon Analyser continuously measures carbon concentration in the tank to reduce carbon losses through early detection of carbon screen leakage.
Advanced Process Control
LeachStar Advanced Process Control (APC) improves gold plant efficiency and recovery through robust strategies for:
- Leach feed control / Thickener stabilisation and optimisation
- Leaching control: Cyanide concentration, pH, DO
- Carbon management by optimising carbon transfer
- Detox control: WAD Cyanide concentration
LeachStar APC not only reduces gold and carbon losses, but also saves the plant up to 20% on reagent consumption.
Improvements through our VIP Data Platform
The VIP Data Platform comprises of hardware and software facilities that assist and support applications for our clients using the internet or on-site network to connect devices and equipment.