Flotation Recovery Improvement
Process IQ provides a turn-key solution to improve flotation recovery and achieve accurate grade control in minerals processing plants.
A typical project includes:
- Plant audit to ascertain the condition of existing plant instrumentation and control and the payback period of an instrumentation and control upgrade.
- Flotation Pulp level measurement instruments,
- Slurry Analysers for grade measurements of both elemental and mineralogy.
- Advanced process control for making use of all available plant measurements for upgrading the recovery performance.
- Increased Recovery
- Accurate Grade Control
- Optimise reagent usage
FloatStar – Advanced Process Control to increase recovery and accurate grade control
Blue Cube MQi Slurry Analyser – fast inline mineral and elemental analysis
TempoTrack – froth velocity and height measurement
Flotation Level Probe
LTM-2 – Pulp/froth interface with no moving parts
Flotation is a complex, multi-variable, interactive process that needs Advanced Process Control tools to effectively stabilise the operation and optimise grade and recovery within the design-related limitations of the plant. The LTM conductivity level measurement provides a very robust solution to the problem of flotation cell pulp level measurement. The Blue Cube TempoTrack froth recovery measurement can help to optimise flotation cells in terms of the total air recovery of the flotation cell. Blue Cube MQi Slurry Analyser provides a grade measurement system that is unsurpassed in terms of measurement frequency and versatility. FloatStar was specifically developed for this purpose, and include tools like:
- FloatStar Level Stabiliser and pH Control
- FloatStar Flow & Grade-Recovery Optimiser
- FloatStar Reagent Control
Fault detection and controller performance monitoring is part of all the control suites.