MILL VIBRATION ANALYSIS
MillSlicer lets you “see” what is happening inside your operating mill, so there is no need to run blind! MillSlicer has been developed for the minerals industry for AG/SAG and ball mills. Making use of vibration sensors and state of the art technology, it provides information about the inlet and outlet conditions, as well as what is happening 360° around the rotating mill
It also calculates a very useful Liner Damage Level signal that can be used to minimise metal-on-metal impact and prolong liner and grinding media life.
- Precise mill fill level measurements
- Real-time ball striking position on the mill shell (used for optimal mill speed control and liner protection).
- Enable better Mill Feed control.
- Ethernet interface for quick/easy calibration and informative real-time graphics
- PC/Excel file historical data formats for historical vibration analysis to estimate mill liner and bearing wear.
- Local support through Perth office by experienced engineers.
- Maximise mill throughput
- Increase mill efficiency
- Minimise liner damage and wear
- Optimise mill speed
- Increase downstream recovery
Optimisation of Asanko’s Obotan SABC circuit to achieve ‘Project 5 Million’
ePaper not found
USED FOR PROCESS CONTROL
- MILL SPEED CONTROL
- Automatic speed control using the Liner Damage Level signal.
- MILL FILL LEVEL CONTROL
- Use the Mill Feed Rate to control the Mill Fill Level (rather than bearing pressure). The Mill Fill Level setpoint can be pushed to a safe maximum to optimise the throughput.
- Stabilize all Fill Level Signals (input, output, shell) for effective ‘what goes in goes out’ operation.
- SAFETY CONTROL
- Polar Plot Analysis – Ensure that the balls are striking in the proper region of the mill.
- Blockage Detection Using Fill Level deviations – Watch for when the signals begin to separate.
- Robust and reliable – acoustic not ideal for the mining environment due to dust and water/slurry spills.
- 3 measurement points with a 360°
- Zero cross talk (no influence from other mills and equipment).
- Measurements are more accurate and comprehensive.
- Easier to install.
- Low maintenance.
- Digital partnership yields improvements at Pueblo Viejo’s mill – At the Pueblo Viejo mine in the Dominican Republic, the SAG mill has hit record throughput levels over the past four months following the implementation of a digital solution
- Perth based company Process IQ ideal partner for United States revolutionary mining technology
- Mining Weekly: http://www.miningweekly.com/article/perth-based-company-process-iq-ideal-partner-for-united-states-revolutionary-mining-technology-2017-09-15/rep_id:3650
- Mining Monthly: http://www.miningmonthly.com/management/maintenance-shutdowns/process-iq-gets-slice-of-digital-control-lab-action/
- Austmine News: http://www.austmine.com.au/News/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/4744/Perth-based-Company-Process-IQ-Ideal-Partner-for-United-States-Revolutionary-Mining-Technology
- Engineering News: https://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/perth-based-company-process-iq-ideal-partner-for-united-states-revolutionary-mining-technology-2017-09-15
- Mineral Engineering International (MEI): http://www.min-eng.com/comminution/369.html