BALL MILL FILL LEVEL MEASUREMENT
The Ball MillScan utilises the latest in digital signal processing techniques available to provide an accurate indication of the ball mill fill level. The system is made up of 2 wireless shell sensors and 2 wired inlet/outlet sensors. Such signals can be used in an automated control loop or assist control room operators in manual control.
The vibration sensors are magnetically mounted on each bearing housing enclosure and to the mill shell. One vibration sensor cable is 10 metres (~30 ft.) long and the other is 30 metres (~100 ft.) long. All cables are shielded. The main unit requires AC power (100-220 VAC, 50/60 Hz) and has a 4-20mA output that corresponds to the mill fill level for each of the sensors (shell, inlet & outlet)
- High frequency indication of mill fill level that can be used to increase the ROI of your existing mill.
- Zero crosstalk from adjacent (nearby) mills.
- All digital system, no component drift, not affected by temperature, dust or dirt unlike typical microphone systems.
- Fast and easy installation that typically can be performed in less than two hours and does not require mill shutdown.
- A quick calibration procedure that can be performed in less than 5 minutes per sensor when the mill is operating under normal conditions. i.e. The mill is filled to a level that is used in normal ‘day to day’ production.
- Signal sensitivity changes can be made very quickly without re-calibrating the unit.