PIQ Ultrasonic Density Meter
NON-NUCLEAR DENSITY AND FLOWRATE MEASUREMENT
The PIQ Ultrasonic Density Meter provides real-time slurry density measurements using ultrasonic (non-nuclear) technology.
Traditionally the mining industry have used expensive and dangerous nuclear density gauges containing radiative sources which are difficult to service and maintain.
The PIQ Ultrasonic Density Meter is non-nuclear and uses a Sintered Silicon-Carbide sensor (SSiC) which provides the best acoustical physical properties, and the highest degree of hardness, ensuring outstanding abrasion resistance for even the most demanding applications in minerals processing
- Little to no maintenance requirement due to ceramic structure of the probe
- Lower calibration required. With an initial good field calibration, the accuracy is about 5 g/l in the full range 1.3 SG and does not change during the lifetime of the probe.
- Any changes in the slurry density are immediately observed, offering customers better process control.
- Non nuclear technology
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Fast and accurate measurement suited for process control and optimisation
- Abrasion resistant senors
- Inline pipe or submersible applications
- Can be used in high temperature streams
- Minimal calibration required
- Expandable – add flow sensor to measure mass flow