Cynoprobe Cyanide Measurement
FAST ONLINE MEASUREMENT OF FREE AND WAD CYANIDE
The Cynoprobe offers the functionality to measure both ‘free’ and weak acid dissociable (WAD) cyanide concentration of up to three streams or sampling points. This results in a very cost-effective cyanide measurement solution. Cyanide reagent costs form a significant part of a gold plant’s operating budget. The Cynoprobe’s free cyanide reading can be incorporated into a control scheme as part of a cost-saving cyanide management strategy.
The measurement frequency of the Cynoprobe facilitates tight cyanide control, less overdosing and reduction in cyanide consumption. Tighter control of cyanide concentration makes it possible to reduce the normal cyanide operating set-point without compromising gold recovery. As a result cyanide reagent costs have shown reductions of up to 20% and less cyanide is discharged into the tailings stream which is important from an environmental perspective.
The Cynoprobe uses an amperometric technique to accurately and reliably measure the cyanide concentration in a pulp medium. The Cynoprobe’s fast and reliable measurements allow for rapid detection of changes in cyanide concentration.
- Capable of measuring Cyanide in up to three streams.
- Can be upgraded to measure WAD cyanide as well.
- Simple, robust and reliable.
- Fast analysis time (4 minutes), essential for good control.
- Requires minimal maintenance of the filter probe, automatic air cleaning prolongs the filter maintenance cycles.
- Automatic calibration and cleaning cycles.
- Digital display and 4–20mA output.
- Appropriate for CIP, CIL, RIP, RIL, Heap Leach, Backfill and Cyanide Destruction circuits.
- Capable of measuring a very wide range of cyanide concentrations (0.5 – 3000 ppm).
- Measures the pH of the filtrate (optional).