GOLD CIRCUIT CONTROL
LeachStar is an advanced control suite specifically designed for gold circuits. It incorporates leading technology to optimise the performance of the various process units found on gold circuits, including thickeners, leaching circuits and carbon circuits.
The LeachStar suite of controllers increases plant performance and improves safety by deploying:
- Advanced signal fault detection.
- Safety checks, ensuring safe control of especially cyanide.
- Advanced control techniques, especially designed for each process unit.
Gold Recovery Circuit
Below is a typical gold recovery circuit where LeachStar Advanced Process Control has been implemented to work in conjunction with a Cynoprobe and C2 Meter which help reduce cyanide consumption by up to 20%
- Increased plant performance
- Reduce cyanide consumption by up to 20%
- Reduce carbon losses
- Increased recovery
The LeachStar Thickener Controller is aimed at providing the following benefits:
- Reduction in flocculent consumption.
- Improving the clarity of the thickener overflow water.
- Ensuring stable thickener operation by minimising bed slides or high rake torque scenarios.
- Stabilising the flow rate and density of the underflow, thereby improving the performance of downstream processes.
Cyanide is a significant operating cost. It’s effective use requires a dosage rate related to the operating conditions on the plant and the pH of the solution must be held in the correct range. Furthermore, cyanide represents probably the most significant health and safety risk on gold circuits. Safe control of the cyanide dosage is imperative. The following cyanidation related control and estimation modules are available as LeachStar modules on StarCS:
- Cyanide Concentration Signal Fault Detector
- Cyanide Concentration Soft Sensor
- Cyanide Controller
Carbon- in- pulp plants offer the potential for excellent recoveries of gold, but the operating conditions must be correct. Upsets to the plant must be detected early enough so that appropriate action can be taken. Apart from the cyanide and pH controllers already mentioned (and applicable to adsorption control) the LeachStar control suite also includes a carbon management strategy that efficiently moves carbon upstream.