Gold Leach Kinetics
OXYGEN, CYANIDE, LEAD NITRATE & ULTRAFINE GRINDING
Why do a Gold Leach Kinetics Project?
Certain aspects of your leaching circuit need to be analysed to understand the hidden benefit in gold leach kinetcis.
There are several reasons why a gold leach kinetics project should be undertaken such as:
- To increase gold recovery (1 to 5% range)
- Determine if pre-Oxidation will be beneficial
- Specify the right O2 & NaCN dosage/control equipment
- Size the O2 equipment correctly
- Adjust leach to optimal NaCN to DO Ratio (for max kinetics)
- Select better setpoints for both DO and CN to optimise kinetics and reduce NaCN consumption
- Determine feed material O2-demand and CN-demand
- Conduct scenario calculations (leach modelling) for different feed blends – current and future
- Optimal adjustment of NaCN : DO Ratio
- Reduced cyanide consumption
- Increased throughput
- Improved gold recovery
Martin Verster is a consultant for Process IQ based in South Africa, specialising in Au-Leach Kinetics in leaching circuits for over 12 years.
He has provided many gold mines with reporting and insight into:
– characterisation of feed ores (O2 & CN demands)
– cyanide and oxygenation dosage systems (audit & specification) and
– determination of optimal NaCN & DO ratios to maximize kinetics
If you are looking for an overview of this, please contact email@example.com.