Careers at Process IQ
Instrumentation Technician/Electronics Engineer and Linux Expert
Process IQ provide advanced instrumentation, control, IIoT and AI solutions to the minerals industry. As part of the team at Process IQ (Australia) you will be the technical expert on the online analysers and instrumentation.
You will be involved in the installation, commissioning, support and continual improvements of advanced process analysers, as well new developments and integrating the instrumentation with our other advanced technologies.
Linux enthusiast and an electronics tinkerer:- Come and show off your pet projects in the interview.
On-the-job and international training will be provided as needed. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running. A fair amount of travel will be required to provide on-site services to clients, which will be balanced with remote support and product development work in the office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Become an expert in all aspects of our analysers and instruments including embedded software, electronic and optical equipment, wireless communication systems and mechanical aspects.
- Installation, commissioning, testing, problem solving, repairing and maintenance of online analysers, both on-site and remotely (office). This includes communication between modules:
- WiFi communication between online analyser components
- Internet communication for calibration and monitoring
- Industrial communication to plant control system.
- LINUX command line systems, including troubleshooting, programming and testing embedded and PC based software.
- Conduct plant visits at Australasian mineral processing plants, including plants in the Asia Pacific Region, which are usually scheduled during weekdays, but might sometimes go over weekends or require to be 1 to 3 weeks away (not very often).
- Service optical components, including light sources, optical fibers and spectrometers.
- Write technical documents and reports for e.g. specifications, FAT and SAT procedures and results and commissioning reports.
- Design, alter, implement and test (as might be required from time to time) PC and embedded software, electronic circuits and components, optical components and physical equipment (e.g. piping spool pieces).
Qualifications, Work Experience & Skills
As a minimum the candidate requires the following:
- Command Line Linux,
- Electrical license / Instrument Process Control Technician’s licence
Skills we are looking for:
If you list these and rate yourself out of 7 on each one with some supporting comments, it will guarantee serious consideration of your application:
- Extensive Linux command line skills.
- Electronics / instrumentation experience.
- Industrial and/or embedded computer systems experience/knowledge.
- A broad multi-disciplinary interest base, e.g. in mechanical engineering, process engineering and metallurgy, and a willingness to learn and equip him/herself in these areas, as may be required to excel in the job.
- IT networking (intranet and internet setup, including wireless communication) skills.
- Good health (allow work travel to and remote).
- Very good English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to find practical solutions for problems and/or build electronic product solutions independently.
Knowledge and/or experience of the following will add value to the application:
- Qualifications/exerience in an IIoT Technology
- Knowledge of minerals processing plants, chemistry, extractive metallurgy and/or geo-metallurgy, mineralogy.
- Industrial communications, e.g. EtherNet/IP and Profibus.
- Commissioning, calibration, repairs, maintenance and/or support of instrumentation
- Industrial control systems on PLC’s/SCADA or DCS’s, e.g. Allan Bradley PLC, Siemens PLC, CITECT, Wonderware, Yokogawa DCS.
- Cloud Computing and communication, MQTT, etc.
For informal discussion – please call Pieter Strobos on 0407 851 679 or apply through SEEK – through the link below.