Cynoprobe – Cyanide Measurement
FAST ONLINE MEASUREMENT OF FREE AND WAD CYANIDE
The Cynoprobe offers the functionality to measure both ‘free’ and weak acid dissociable (WAD) cyanide concentration of up to three streams or sampling points. This results in a very cost-effective cyanide measurement solution. Cyanide reagent costs form a significant part of a gold plant’s operating budget. The Cynoprobe’s free cyanide reading can be incorporated into a control scheme as part of a cost-saving cyanide management strategy.
The measurement frequency of the Cynoprobe facilitates tight cyanide control, less overdosing and reduction in cyanide consumption. Tighter control of cyanide concentration makes it possible to reduce the normal cyanide operating set-point without compromising gold recovery. As a result cyanide reagent costs have shown reductions of up to 20% and less cyanide is discharged into the tailings stream which is important from an environmental perspective.
The Cynoprobe uses an amperometric technique to accurately and reliably measure the cyanide concentration in a pulp medium. The Cynoprobe’s fast and reliable measurements allow for rapid detection of changes in cyanide concentration.
- Allows for multiplexing of two streams for cyanide measurement.
- Can be upgraded to measure WAD cyanide as well.
- Simple, robust and reliable.
- Fast analysis time (4 minutes), essential for good control.
- Requires minimal maintenance of the filter probe, automatic air cleaning prolongs the filter maintenance cycles.
- Automatic calibration and cleaning cycles.
- Digital display and 4–20mA output.
- Appropriate for CIP, CIL, RIP, RIL, Heap Leach, Backfill and Cyanide Destruction circuits.
- Capable of measuring a very wide range of cyanide concentrations (0.5 – 3000 ppm).
- Measures the pH of the filtrate (optional).
Cynoprobe in a Leaching Circuit
Below is a typical leaching circuit highlighting where Cynoprobes are installed to effectively measure cyanide.
- Real-time WAD cyanide measurement can minimise the risk of toxicity to bird, animal and human life, and be used to control and optimise the cyanide destruction and recovery process.
- Dramatic reduction in cyanide consumption when used in a control scheme.
- Enables compliance with the International Cyanide Code.
- Provides fast and accurate measurement of cyanide concentration.
- Results are highly reproducible, thereby eliminating human error found with manual titrations.
- Minimal running costs.
- Very low level of maintenance is required and can be performed by relatively unskilled operators.
- Low risk, safe instrument, measurement at ambient temperature and pressure.
Real-time WAD cyanide measurement can be used for regulatory compliance and to control and optimise the cyanide destruction and recovery process. The Cynoprobe produces an accurate measurement of cyanide concentration on a variety of ore types over a wide concentration, 0.5 to 3000 ppm, and its analytical technique is immune to many common interferences.
Click here to view the LeachStar Cynoprobe brochure.
None available at present